Help with potential Bronze comics pricing

Welcome to the new CBSI forum!

Postby brandenjw » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:23 am

Hi all, I was hoping for some help. I have a potential to buy about 100 Bronze comics. They all seem to be from 1970 and are in really good condition. A lot of them have slight damage on the very top covers.

The person selling them told me they would probably get a price on eBay and then sell for half. I was allowed to go through them, but did not feel comfortable getting on my phone to look up prices. There are no immediate keys that I could see.

Because of their condition I want to offer to buy the lot, but I don’t want to pay too much. I was going to offer $400 and assume it will raise. I’m thinking I would be able to recover the cost fairly easily because of the conditions even if there are no major keys.

From the few photos I took, does anyone have any suggestions? I think I should just do it and see what happens. If all else fails I may get first dibs. Here are the photos, of the few ASM and one X-men in the bunch. Any and all help would be MUCH appreciated. ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brandenjw

Postby J.Max Mercury » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:22 pm

I’m no expert especially at grading but if the inner pages and back cover match the condition of the front then you could do worse than that box. It’s hard to say though not knowing the titles in the box. Depending on that $400 could be a little high especially if there are no keys mixed in. You’d likely make your money back with a little extra selling them but if you can counter and get the price point down I’d go that route first.

J.Max Mercury

Re: Help with potential Bronze comics pricing

Postby brandenjw » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:02 am

I ended putting the offer out there, before your response. They decided to look at EBay first. Now just waiting for it to happen to see what prices are out on them. Maybe it’ll be less .....or not.

brandenjw

Return to CBSI