handling comics at the lcs

Welcome to the new CBSI forum!

handling comics at the lcs

Postby savannahmodern » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:46 pm

Hey...what's the protocol for bagging and boarding the comics at the lcs? Is it alright if I do it myself or even bring my own bags/boards and place the comics in them after taking them off the shelf? What about black covers---they're sure to pick up fingerprints. Do you wear gloves? Do you just suck it up and let the clerk handle everything? Why chance any harm coming to them....Thoughts?

(I'm writing this after coming home yesterday with 2 dinged up Teen Titans Specials that I had selected out of the stacks)

:shock:
savannahmodern

Re: handling comics at the lcs

Postby J.Max Mercury » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:19 pm

Rumor has it a lot of books including Teen Titans Special were actually damaged in shipment so it may kit have been the shop.

My LCS (at least the one that orders new books) doesn’t want people to bag and board them before purchase but what I usually do is carry in just a few boards and place the books between them to avoid finger prints, marks, and such. Then bag/board them when I get to my car. I suppose they couldn’t stop you from wearing gloves either if you wanted to do that.
J.Max Mercury

Re: handling comics at the lcs

Postby savannahmodern » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:35 am

no...i had a stack of books between some back issues. I had hand selected perfect copies of the books, and when I came home they were damaged :(
savannahmodern

Return to CBSI