Disappointed with my CBS

Welcome to the new CBSI forum!

Disappointed with my CBS

Postby davesdream » Thu May 24, 2018 7:38 am

Hello,
I am writing because I want your opinion on this. I feel very disappointed with my Comic Book Store yesterday. They have an online Pull-List system that works like this. You check the issues you want and after you send it you receive a confirmation email with the following statement:
"We will do our best to meet your request. We don't have a time limit on what is pulled, but we do ask that you pick them up in a reasonable time. You are not obligated to purchase everything on your list, but we do ask that if you change your mind about buying something, let us know."
Later (could be minutes, hours or even the next day) you receive another email stating the following:
"Thank you for your request, your items will be available for pick up by
9:00 AM Wednesday morning."
Yesterday when I went to pick up my comics I was missing the ONE I was waiting for. When I told them one was missing the answer was it was sold out.... ??? How is this possible if they got the books the previous day and in addition I received the email saying I got my comics ready?
I am very pissed off and at this point I think they just lost a customer. This book was getting really hot and I was planning to flip it so I am thinking if they just lie to me and they kept it... :(
Can you throw a light into this? What's your opinion?
Thanks!!
davesdream

Re: Disappointed with my CBS

Postby Ben Steiniger » Thu May 24, 2018 7:46 pm

davesdream wrote:Hello,
I am writing because I want your opinion on this. I feel very disappointed with my Comic Book Store yesterday. They have an online Pull-List system that works like this. You check the issues you want and after you send it you receive a confirmation email with the following statement:
"We will do our best to meet your request. We don't have a time limit on what is pulled, but we do ask that you pick them up in a reasonable time. You are not obligated to purchase everything on your list, but we do ask that if you change your mind about buying something, let us know."
Later (could be minutes, hours or even the next day) you receive another email stating the following:
"Thank you for your request, your items will be available for pick up by
9:00 AM Wednesday morning."
Yesterday when I went to pick up my comics I was missing the ONE I was waiting for. When I told them one was missing the answer was it was sold out.... ??? How is this possible if they got the books the previous day and in addition I received the email saying I got my comics ready?
I am very pissed off and at this point I think they just lost a customer. This book was getting really hot and I was planning to flip it so I am thinking if they just lie to me and they kept it... :(
Can you throw a light into this? What's your opinion?
Thanks!!
hmmm. Could be other people put in their request before you did and before they were able to update their inventory? Have you ever had this issue with this store before? One book or one mistake wouldn’t be enough for me to boycott a store, especially if they have taken care of you in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ben Steiniger
Full Name: Ben Steiniger

Postby davesdream » Fri May 25, 2018 5:16 am

Thank you for your reply. You could be right, but they don't update the pull-list webpage until around 4:30 - 5 pm... on Monday. I cannot believe EVERYONE sent request by that time so I didn't get a copy...
davesdream

Postby Chipster67 » Fri May 25, 2018 6:59 am

I had a similar situation at my LCS when Totally Awesome Hulk 22 rolled out. I am a new comic collector, and new customer. On my first visit, an employee told me, buy this WMD comic and follow it as they may intro a new character. I had filled out the pull sheet, buying and following this Weapon H arch since the begining. I was excited as this was the first time an item from my pull list would be of value.

When I got to the store, Wednesday night, no comic was in the bin.. I was bummed and wondering the same, what gave? Why have pull lists if you are not going to have it in my bin! Fortunately, the worker called the owner and he said it was his mistake, so he had the tech pull his copy from the office.

From that point forward, he won a customer. Even mentions it on occasion when he sees me.

While probably a lost cause at this point to find ONE in the store for you. Don't let this one mishap ruin your experience. Next visit, talk to the owner letting him know how bummed you were and I bet he will remembers that convo and makes sure your pulls are complete.

If it happened again, I'd then look for alternate providers.

I know, not much help, but just giving my thoughts on your issue.
Chipster67

Postby Lebednik » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:06 pm

I give them the benefit of the doubt. My lcs is very good and takes care of me. They have def made some pull mistakes. Mine does very fair pricing of variants and they are a great store. Sometimes they get a new guy to do pull and he will miss some or grab the wrong ones. It is rare, but it happens. Now if it keeps happening then yeah that's no bueno. LCS employees don't exactly get paid well.
Lebednik

Return to CBSI