Local con pick ups!!

Welcome to the new CBSI forum!

Local con pick ups!!

Postby patman2011 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:17 am

Went to the local con here in San Antonio yesterday and got some nice stuff. They have it about every 3 or 4 months and I have never left without finding something for way cheaper then it should be.
Will start off by saying thanks to Scott and Josue from comic collateral for the trade we were able to do. Picked up some nice stuff for the pc and they are always a pleasure to work with. Also got to meet Khoi even though it was for only a few minutes because I was on my way out. Wish I could have picked his brain about some stuff but had no time.
Was only there a few hours so was not able to dig as much as I liked but did run across a few things. A local guy I knew had bought a collection off someone and he had 6 clean copies of Darth Vader 3 the first appearance of Dr. Aphra for 5 bucks so I cleaned him out of those.
Went to another guy and he had this book.
20180114_105308.jpg

I don't know how common newsstand copies are of this book but I only saw a few on eBay so think I did ok with this one. If anyone knows more please lmk and maybe tell me why it says Black panther in the scan box.

There was a guy who had dollar boxes and I found these 2 books.
20180114_105239.jpg

These don't bring near what they use to but for a dollar each they were definitely a steal. Thanks for looking guys and happy hunting.
patman2011

Re: Local con pick ups!!

Postby Yroc » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:57 am

Hey Steven, good to meet you. You will find that picking my mind will leave you unimpressed lol. Those are great pickups, especially the Sex + Violence. I knew I should have hit those $1 boxes lol.
Yroc
Full Name: Khoi Cakes

Postby Ben Steiniger » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:42 am

Yroc wrote:Hey Steven, good to meet you. You will find that picking my mind will leave you unimpressed lol. Those are great pickups, especially the Sex + Violence. I knew I should have hit those $1 boxes lol.
mental note, it’s ok to go to a con with Khoi as he will miss stuff.....got it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ben Steiniger
Full Name: Ben Steiniger

Postby Yroc » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:11 am

Ben Steiniger wrote:
Yroc wrote:Hey Steven, good to meet you. You will find that picking my mind will leave you unimpressed lol. Those are great pickups, especially the Sex + Violence. I knew I should have hit those $1 boxes lol.
mental note, it’s ok to go to a con with Khoi as he will miss stuff.....got it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm too old and fat to muster up resolve to dig through all of the dollar boxes. This show had so many, which was awesome.
Yroc
Full Name: Khoi Cakes

Return to CBSI