Savage Dragon 228

Welcome to the new CBSI forum!

Savage Dragon 228

Postby Spectre718 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:43 pm

I haven't posted in a long time. Just thought I'd share a quick tip for a possible quick flip opportunity. Remember when Invincible 110 came out? There were a few weeks where you could flip this book for good returns. Extreme sex and violence in comics, particularly graphic scenes in books featuring "popular" characters can present good opportunities.

Maybe someone has posted about this already, but sooner or later, this week's Savage Dragon 228 is going to pop (no pun intended). Extremely graphic 2 page spread (again no pun intended...maybe) bordering on "why is this even happening".

I wouldn't go overboard. If I remember correctly, the window of opportunity on Invincible was only about a month or two. I'd post pictures...but I don't want to get banned. If you can't find it in your LCS...now you know why. Whoulda thunk....a Savage Dragon flip opportunity.
Spectre718

Re: Savage Dragon 228

Postby D.Skot Whitman » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:17 pm

I posted about this over on the g+ page this morning. I think it could be a flip opportunity... granted that's not why I posted about it, more because shops who do bother to still order Savage Dragon need to be careful having this issue on the shelves.

It appears that Savage Dragon is selling really poorly these days, like 2K copies or less type poorly. The last issue I could find sales figures on was #225 which was under 6K copies sold through Diamond. Extremely poor sales is probably why the adult content is in it in the first place. Trying to get some buzz on a book retailers have all but given up on.

Midtown online still has copies, so I doubt it will climb in price until they sell out and word starts getting around about the possible objectionable content.
D.Skot Whitman
Full Name: Skot Whitman

Postby Spectre718 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:10 pm

Ah. Didn't see the post, and thanks for the print run info. 'objectionable' isn't even the word to describe it. Given the print run, I'm wondering if this was a Hail Mary for a dying book. Time will tell.
Spectre718

Postby D.Skot Whitman » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:43 am

I thought it was so totally inappropriate that it was funny... and a little sad too.

Definitely a hail mary play. However, it's a book by a founding member who still holds the title of Chief Financial Officer at Image. So no matter how bad the sales are, Larsen can keep it going if he want to.
D.Skot Whitman

Postby Yroc » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:19 am

If 225 barely caused a blip, not sure 228 is worth it. Pretty pitiful.
Yroc
Full Name: Khoi Cakes

Postby D.Skot Whitman » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:47 pm

Yeah, looks like this is all just a desperate attempt to generate interest in a book nobody orders anymore. Here's the cover to #231 with the solicitation.

savageSexDoll.jpg
savageSexDoll.jpg (53.58 KiB) Viewed 353 times

'THE SAVAGE SEX DOLLS' Made for love. Programmed to kill. Malcolm Dragon faces the menace of the Savage Sex Dolls.

I think there needs to be a banner on Savage Dragon that say "Adult content, because we're desperate trying to get order equal to Zenescope worst selling title"
D.Skot Whitman

Return to CBSI