Void Trip from Image Comics?

Welcome to the new CBSI forum!

Void Trip from Image Comics?

Postby Oli_Guilfoyle » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:37 am

Read an ashcan of this and loved it. It's like Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas but with Sci-Fi. Am hearing a lot of buzz about it.

My question though - are #1s of Image miniseries worth investing in? I know God Country #1 is doing $75 on ebay now, and that was a mini. Void Trip seems to be the only title Image are pushing as a miniseries. (Which makes no sense seeing as most of their books end up as single-volume minis anyway.)

Oli_Guilfoyle

Re: Void Trip from Image Comics?

Postby Yroc » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:51 pm

I don't put much faith in minis. God Country is still doing $75? Both God Country and Reborn are minis and they did really well at the offset but cooled off quickly.
Yroc
Full Name: Khoi Cakes

Postby SamSquatch » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:26 pm

Cgc 9.8 of god country listed for 75.00 but I haven’t seen much movement on them as of late. I did see a 9.8 sell last week for around 50. That’s pretty much it. I don’t put much stock in minis either mate.
SamSquatch

Postby Justin Mabooty » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:54 am

I think God Country is a good indicator of how being a mini-series vs. an ongoing affects its value.
I'm pretty sure everyone believed God Country was an ongoing series at first with #1 9.8s selling consistently between $160 and $180 at one point. Once it was announced that it was a mini and not an ongoing series, sales prices tanked in just a couple weeks with people scrambling to unload their copies which drove the prices down even further.
Last edited by Justin Mabooty on Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Justin Mabooty

Postby Yroc » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:47 pm

Justin Mabooty wrote:I think God Country is a good indicator of how a being a mini-series vs. an ongoing affects its value.
I'm pretty sure everyone believed God Country was an ongoing series at first with #1 9.8s selling consistently between $160 and $180 at one point. Once it was announced that it was a mini and not an ongoing series, sales prices tanked in just a couple weeks with people scrambling to unload their copies which drove the prices down even further.

Exactly.
Yroc
Full Name: Khoi Cakes

Postby Oli_Guilfoyle » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:14 pm

I didn't know God Country #1 went for that much originally. Interesting.

I know minis have lower print runs, but sometimes they get turned into ongoings if sales are decent. Might make the first printings of #1 rarer? Or am I just been stupidly optimistic because I already ordered a bunch of these? :lol:

I'll let you guys know how I get on either way. Thanks for all the advice.
Oli_Guilfoyle

Postby Oli_Guilfoyle » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:19 am

Looks like retailers are upping orders:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/11/04 ... -reorders/

Hopefully this bodes well for a quick flip of the ones I've already ordered.
Oli_Guilfoyle

Return to CBSI