Is this normal for CBCS slabs?

Welcome to the new CBSI forum!

Is this normal for CBCS slabs?

Postby Justin Mabooty » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:25 pm

I own 100+ CGC slabs but only a handful of CBCS slabs and don't see this on any of the others so I was wondering if this is normal...
I purchased two copies of the Metal #1 Ultimate Edition and both of them have a bunch of scuff marks along the bottom of the inner well and right hand side of the back cover. There's also small pieces of thread inside the cases. I hope the thread is outside the inner well but can't tell. One of them also has this scuffing on the front and is really unattractive and also has a bunch of dust and what looks like a little piece of paper inside the case on the back side as well.
I was wondering if this is normal and if attempting to get them re-slabbed wouldn't help since they'd most likely come back in a similar condition.
I've tried to include pictures showing these issues and would appreciate any input on what people's opinions are on this. It does look worse in person than it does in the scans.
Thanks in advance!
p.s.
I did try Google'ing this topic and only found the scuff marks mentioned once in a different thread on a different forum that didn't really provide much info.
Image
Image
Image
Justin Mabooty
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:09 pm

Re: Is this normal for CBCS slabs?

Postby Yroc » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:22 pm

Not sure why scans are not showing up. I would definitely call CBCS and tell them if things don't look right.
User avatar
Yroc
Full Name: Khoi Cakes
 
Posts: 1383
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:47 am
Location: Unpressable Defects

Re: Is this normal for CBCS slabs?

Postby Ked17 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:03 pm

I have a book I got back from cgc with a hair inside. It's super f'ing annoying. Like, how the hell do you seal a book without making sure no foreign material is inside? I can't even look at the book. Maybe I should call.... :evil:
Ked17
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:40 am

Re: Is this normal for CBCS slabs?

Postby canadiancomicguy » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:18 am

I posted my dissatisfaction with CBCS a few months back.

A couple of my books too had hair and fabric and dust particles trapped within! I was not pleased at all.
I also have that scuff mark effect on the back (black cover as well) of one of my books. It didn't LOOK like it was rubbing the book itself but now I'll go back and look. Yours is a little more pronounced. Is it actually rubbing the book?

I did send two back for a reslab - which they did do for no cost. BUT I live in Canada and the shipping cost a bit. For the 9.8 books I had I am happy I got reslabbed so I'm not looking a hair and dust on my books. But it's a hassle and not something cost efficient or time efficient.

I'd like to know what you do/find out.
canadiancomicguy
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:34 am

Re: Is this normal for CBCS slabs?

Postby Yroc » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:50 pm

Ked17 wrote:I have a book I got back from cgc with a hair inside. It's super f'ing annoying. Like, how the hell do you seal a book without making sure no foreign material is inside? I can't even look at the book. Maybe I should call.... :evil:


Yea, I had an actual human hair, not the plastic hair-like fibers, in one of my CGC cases. It was pretty gross but they did reslab the book though.
User avatar
Yroc
Full Name: Khoi Cakes
 
Posts: 1383
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:47 am
Location: Unpressable Defects

Re: Is this normal for CBCS slabs?

Postby Justin Mabooty » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:34 am

canadiancomicguy wrote:I posted my dissatisfaction with CBCS a few months back.

A couple of my books too had hair and fabric and dust particles trapped within! I was not pleased at all.
I also have that scuff mark effect on the back (black cover as well) of one of my books. It didn't LOOK like it was rubbing the book itself but now I'll go back and look. Yours is a little more pronounced. Is it actually rubbing the book?

I did send two back for a reslab - which they did do for no cost. BUT I live in Canada and the shipping cost a bit. For the 9.8 books I had I am happy I got reslabbed so I'm not looking a hair and dust on my books. But it's a hassle and not something cost efficient or time efficient.

I'd like to know what you do/find out.


I contacted the company I pre-ordered them from and have yet to hear back from them. I figured I'd wait a week to see what they say prior to contacting CBCS. I find it kind of annoying they haven't responded. Even if they think I'm overreacting or that there isn't anything they can do, they should at least respond IMO.
I can't tell if the scuff marks are rubbing the book or not. They're pretty unsightly though especially the one right on the front cover. I've seen those scuff marks on several dark covered CBCS slabs that I've come across online. Seems like something that shouldn't be happening at all in my opinion so I'm kinda doubting if getting them re-slabbed would help but I can't stand the way they look now so I might as well try.
I'm planning on contacting CBCS early this next week and will let you know what they say.
Thanks for the responses guys.
Justin Mabooty
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:09 pm

Re: Is this normal for CBCS slabs?

Postby Justin Mabooty » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:49 am

Yroc wrote:
Ked17 wrote:I have a book I got back from cgc with a hair inside. It's super f'ing annoying. Like, how the hell do you seal a book without making sure no foreign material is inside? I can't even look at the book. Maybe I should call.... :evil:


Yea, I had an actual human hair, not the plastic hair-like fibers, in one of my CGC cases. It was pretty gross but they did reslab the book though.


I do my best not to get a hair on the tape outside the boxes I'm shipping and will remove and re-tape stuff if I see one. You'd thinking grading companies who are specifically paid to provide quality slabs would have better quality control.
Justin Mabooty
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:09 pm


Return to CBSI

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 0 guests