CGC order, general questions regarding grading

Welcome to the new CBSI forum!

CGC order, general questions regarding grading

Postby ryusilva23 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:16 am

I called CGC customer service in regards to a submission I did a month ago. It was regarding an error I noticed tracking my order status and my Rick and Morty Comic #1 incorrectly labeled 4th printing twice when one of them is a 1st printing. Her direct answer was that it hasn't gone through grading yet and that everything will be correct once the experts are done grading. I asked what happens if the error doesn't get fixed and it gets incorrectly labeled? She said to keep checking my order, when it does go through grading and if the error is still there to call again to fix it. Apparently the only notification I will ever receive is when the books have shipped. It's kind of annoying to have to make sure I don't forget to check the status of my order. What concerns me is that the 1st and 4th printing of issue 1 are practically identically, with Mr. Poopy Butthole being on the 4th printing.

Has anyone had issues with CGC mislabeling? I understand that it probably is an error that could happen, but if I can avoid it.. that would be best. How diligent are people who submit comics with making sure everything goes smoothly, or do you just roll with the punches when mistakes happen?
ryusilva23

Re: CGC order, general questions regarding grading

Postby ygogolak » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:40 am

Yes, CGC makes errors all the time. I have seen incorrect labels, labels switched between two books and a book holdered upside down.
Unfortunately their submission process is horrible for tracking online. Most likely you won't know if it's right or wrong until you receive it. If it's wrong they will fix it for free.
ygogolak
Full Name: Yanni

Postby Yroc » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:36 am

Yup. At least they take care of it pretty quickly once brought up to their attention.
Yroc
Full Name: Khoi Cakes

Postby ryusilva23 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:26 am

Yroc wrote:Yup. At least they take care of it pretty quickly once brought up to their attention.

Well that's good to hear Khoi, because looks like my concern about the 1st printing and 4th printing of Rick and Morty #1 was valid. Just checked the order and it was shipped this morning with the invoice with 4th printing twice. God do I hope that the low grade is the actual 4th printing and not the 1st lol (my first print I judged to be a 9.8, I expected the 4th print to be a lower grade). Overall happy with the majority of the grades being 9.8, Seven to Eternity #1 first print not shown is also 9.8 :).
Attachments
cgc1.jpg
ryusilva23

Postby Yroc » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:52 pm

Nice books.
Yroc
Full Name: Khoi Cakes

Postby Ben Steiniger » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:26 pm

ryusilva23 wrote:
Yroc wrote:Yup. At least they take care of it pretty quickly once brought up to their attention.

Well that's good to hear Khoi, because looks like my concern about the 1st printing and 4th printing of Rick and Morty #1 was valid. Just checked the order and it was shipped this morning with the invoice with 4th printing twice. God do I hope that the low grade is the actual 4th printing and not the 1st lol (my first print I judged to be a 9.8, I expected the 4th print to be a lower grade). Overall happy with the majority of the grades being 9.8, Seven to Eternity #1 first print not shown is also 9.8 :).
yeah, those BAM and 4CG variants are really nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ben Steiniger
Full Name: Ben Steiniger

Return to CBSI