San Diego Comic Con

Welcome to the new CBSI forum!

San Diego Comic Con

Postby brucewayne619sd » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:15 pm

Hey Guys,

I am going to SDCC this weekend and am trying to figure out what I should get this weekend. I think the Graffiti exclusives are going to be a really nice pick up, in particular the Batman #24 and the Wonder Woman variant with Gal Gadot. I also think that the Artgerm variant of Spiderman and the J. Scott Campbell variants have potential.

Should I be looking for anything else or do you think that this is a waste and they are going to be worthless?

Thanks guys.
brucewayne619sd

Re: San Diego Comic Con

Postby SilverEye » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:11 am

Graffiti Designs, I like the Wonder Woman & Justice League photo covers. The other ones are just foil versions of the regular covers.

JSC will have four D covers available but they will be limited and gone fast.

I think the Walking Dead Shiva Force will be hot. There are 6 variants reprinting the ALL OUT WAR story line. There will also be action figures for this. These will be at the Skybound booth. Check out the image booth too and see what hot there. They usually have 500 print run variants

Boom will have a nice Powers Rangers set. Homage to X-MEN 1. If you like WWE women wrestlers, Boom also has a nice variant.

Aspen has nice Supergirl variants. I think these might also be available online so probably not too rare.

Dark Horse has an American Gods variant by Skottie Young and great homage cover for Black Hammer. Don't see too much heat on these but they are nice. I always say get what you like and you won't be disappointed.
SilverEye

Postby Yroc » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:16 am

Good picks SilverEye. The WW foils will do well and I'd get as many as those as possible.
Yroc
Full Name: Khoi Cakes

Postby rayne5446 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:07 am

While I do alot of modern variants, I'm pretty much out of my element with gauging the price points of con exclusives. They are tricky for me, because there are so many people that have bulk to sell and a seemingly unlimited supply.

I bought 4 of the WW Foils for 33 each. I don't know if it has legs, but if I were at the con, I would take the max amount they would give me. I preordered 1 JL and 1 Batman 24 Foil.

I've been considering the Ducktales 0 Jeff Smith variant, limited to 500. It seems like you can get them between 15-20 shipped... But I have hesitated to pull the trigger. I am just not really sure what the market is for a book like this and if anyone really cares Jeff Smith did the cover. Anyone have thoughts on this book?
rayne5446

Postby TheUncannyMike » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:03 pm

I would get that Astonishing X-Men #1 Cover D
TheUncannyMike

Return to CBSI