C2E2 2017

Welcome to the new CBSI forum!

C2E2 2017

Postby akall » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:55 am

Anyone going to C2E2 this Saturday?
akall

Re: C2E2 2017

Postby sonikbo0m » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:45 am

I might be going. I've never been, how is it? Are there crazy lines to get into the building?
sonikbo0m

Postby akall » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:50 am

I always have a good time. No lines unless you have a bag or are cosplaying. Don't have much of a frame of reference, so don't know deals versus other shows. I've gotten pretty good deals in years past. They sell beer (or at least have in years past), so it's definitely tolerable.
akall

Postby Yroc » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:30 pm

Leightball is going I think. Jimmy Linguini is going too I think.
Yroc
Full Name: Khoi Cakes

Postby fastballspecial » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:06 pm

Ive gone back and forth between this and Wizard up there the last few years. There were a few years where it was an easy decision when the Comic book publishers didn't go to Wizard.

It really depends on what you want to go for. For me I am die hard comic book fan so I am looking
for dealers and comic book companies. Others look for Cos-play, artist alleys and guests. What I am seeing the last few years is causing me to avoid larger shows for the most part because I really don't care about Cosplay, T-shirts, Knives, Pops, and Guest signings, but the promoters got fill the booths too.

From some descriptions this year from the dealer/seller perspective it is getting very cut throat with even long time dealers doing pre sales to compete. Doesn't look like that will do go well for many.

It has to be hard now for dealers to continue to pay these higher cost when sometimes they don't see the return for it.
fastballspecial

Postby accustomfigures » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:12 pm

I know I'm late on this one, but I went to Wizard Chicago last year only because I got free tickets. Even if I get free tickets this year I probably won't go. Worst con I've ever been to, and that seems to be the consensus for all Wizard shows from what I'm hearing. It's out in the middle of nowhere, over priced, the retail was sparse and mostly Marvel, and "Artist Alley" might as well have been a literal alley. There was literally garbage and piles of dirt all over the floor for some reason, and not a single name artist, with a lot of the popular folks canceling. Sounds harsh, but true. If I ever heard that they turned it around I'd be first in line. Loved it back in the day.

C2E2 is a great show.
accustomfigures

Postby tiredguy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:50 am

accustomfigures wrote:I know I'm late on this one, but I went to Wizard Chicago last year only because I got free tickets. Even if I get free tickets this year I probably won't go. Worst con I've ever been to, and that seems to be the consensus for all Wizard shows from what I'm hearing. It's out in the middle of nowhere, over priced, the retail was sparse and mostly Marvel, and "Artist Alley" might as well have been a literal alley. There was literally garbage and piles of dirt all over the floor for some reason, and not a single name artist, with a lot of the popular folks canceling. Sounds harsh, but true. If I ever heard that they turned it around I'd be first in line. Loved it back in the day.

C2E2 is a great show.

I enjoyed your write up on the main site

WW Chicago is one of the only big cons I've been to. The wife and I flew up there in 07 or 08 (can't remember). We had a good time but I've heard they've definitely gone downhill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tiredguy
Full Name: jason jones

Postby comickiller72 » Wed May 03, 2017 11:27 am

I did not see the Revival reveal coming. That was a big suprise! anyone that had one on ebay raw for less than $15 sold out in a mere matter of hours!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371926945493
comickiller72
Full Name: Comic Killer

Postby accustomfigures » Thu May 11, 2017 9:49 am

tiredguy wrote:
accustomfigures wrote:I know I'm late on this one, but I went to Wizard Chicago last year only because I got free tickets. Even if I get free tickets this year I probably won't go. Worst con I've ever been to, and that seems to be the consensus for all Wizard shows from what I'm hearing. It's out in the middle of nowhere, over priced, the retail was sparse and mostly Marvel, and "Artist Alley" might as well have been a literal alley. There was literally garbage and piles of dirt all over the floor for some reason, and not a single name artist, with a lot of the popular folks canceling. Sounds harsh, but true. If I ever heard that they turned it around I'd be first in line. Loved it back in the day.

C2E2 is a great show.

I enjoyed your write up on the main site

WW Chicago is one of the only big cons I've been to. The wife and I flew up there in 07 or 08 (can't remember). We had a good time but I've heard they've definitely gone downhill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for reading! Sorry for the late response. Was getting the inside scoop from Valiant's current publisher, Fred Pierce. He used to work for Wizard back when they were a big deal. Sounds like they have a lot of people over there now that just don't care about comics. They're too focused on getting entertainment guests. Kind of like Marvel! Sad.
accustomfigures

Return to CBSI