[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 702: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4800: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3918)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3918)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3918)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4804: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3918)
Comic Book Speculation & Investing • View topic - Advice needed for a full refund by paypal

Advice needed for a full refund by paypal

Welcome to the new CBSI forum!

Advice needed for a full refund by paypal

Postby John » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:01 pm

Need some advice.

Short story: I preordered 2 full sets of the walking dead 15th anniversary blind bags plus some extras of specific issues from an e-tailer that I never purchased from before. I received 1 full set and the other specific issues that I ordered - some missed out on 15 books. I won the dispute with paypal for items not received, but paypal issued a full reimbursement for the entire order (I only was asking for a partial refund). Should I send the e-tailer money for the books received (I'm assuming that paypal took the funds out of the sellers account, but I don't know)?

Full story: The books were shipped 3-4 weeks later than I expected. I contacted the seller twice for an order status request (starting about 1.5 weeks after they were released) and never got a response. I read online that this e-tailer was shipping resealed bags and started to get more nervous (my books had some nice variants and I don't think they resealed my bags). I then submitted a dispute with paypal for items not received. I received the partial order earlier this week (missing the 15 books). I escalated the dispute for items not received despite asking for a partial refund. Got a full refund from paypal and don't know if I should pay for the books received. If the refund came from the seller's account, I feel like I should pay. If the refund came from paypal (like insurance, which I doubt), I'm not concerned.

What would you do?
John
Full Name:

Return to CBSI