Saga

Welcome to the new CBSI forum!

Saga

Postby brandenjw » Thu May 10, 2018 1:01 am

Hi all! I am attempting to start selling/flipping comics. I’ve been “attempting” since I began collecting, but never sold beyond my own $1 bin garage sales. I have way too many boxes filled with comics I bought in multiples that I planned to sell later. Looking at those boxes I realize I am the worst at trying to spec. (practice makes perfect right?)

Anyways, I am ready to start selling, so that I can start buying PC books and make a couple bucks to go towards a grail or two.

I have always loved Saga and I did buy a few copies when it came out. I have a graded 9.8 a 9.4 and two raws. I think I’m ready to let go of the 9.4. My question is should I keep holding Saga regardless and find something else? It seems to just keep rising (slowly). I know it is spec, but to me Saga feels like it’s own beast that will keep building up. I also feel like I need to start with a big one I care about so I can learn to let go of the ones I don’t care about. Happy to hear anyones thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brandenjw

Re: Saga

Postby J.Max Mercury » Mon May 14, 2018 9:09 am

Assuming by the two graded and two raw books we are talking issue #1, 1st prints? I’m new here so not so sure I’d pay much attention to my theories but Saga’s value may climb but it will be slow and I’m not sure if it is worth holding 4 copies for a movie or TV property that according to even the creator is 10-15 years away.

Do you have the full run so far? If so I’d unload the 9.4 and maybe even one of the raw books to help get used to flipping and pick up some other stuff for your PC or complete the run so far if need be (which to me adding to my PC is the reason I flip any book even though I too am terrible at the spec game).
J.Max Mercury

Re: Saga

Postby brandenjw » Tue May 15, 2018 7:29 am

Thank you for the input I really appreciate it. To answer your question they are all #1’s. The one I sold I bought originally when it came out. I then bought two immediately on EBay and the 9.8 a year later. It was one of the few comics I Spec’d. Nothing special, since I’m pretty sure anyone who read it had the same idea.

I decided to rip the bandaid off and post the 9.4 it on Ebay a couple days after I posted this in the forum. I wasn’t quite sure how fast a 9.4 would sell, but it was gone within a couple days. Shipping it today! Used the website on the best way to ship a slabbed comic, so thank you Paul W. for the great article.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brandenjw

Return to CBSI