[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 702: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4800: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3918)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3918)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3918)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4804: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3918)
Comic Book Speculation & Investing • View topic - Someone save those comics!(comic horror stories)

Someone save those comics!(comic horror stories)

Welcome to the new CBSI forum!

Someone save those comics!(comic horror stories)

Postby Valiant » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:02 am

Have you ever came across a comic horror? A complete disservice to the hobby? I have seen unforgivable comic acts committed by both normies(non comic people) and those who are suppose to uphold the integrity of the hobby. Here are some of my many stories.

Walmart, what can you really expect from the big box giant i know but going to grab some variants and seeing 3 packs folded down the center to fit in under a low shelf....ouch.

Another bad one, a comic shop that i wont name but if you ever go you will see the same thing i did. Nice intimate shop with a large selection of fairly priced wall books. Only problem, the wall is facing a huge shop front window and the sunrise every morning with little to no tint. Needless to say i wanted to cry when i seen so many silver age and modern variants faded to all hell. The books will never move at the prices due to fading but that also means they will never be saved. I wanted to save the copy of asm 238 so bad but every time i go back it just looks worst(i pass through this town maybe 3 times a year).

Feel free to share your cring worthy stories of book store employees, clueless goodwill workers, or even comic dealers who have no respect for the Near minter way of life.
Valiant

Re: Someone save those comics!(comic horror stories)

Postby Yroc » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:09 pm

HPB's handling of comics is cringeworthy. I hate that so many of them near me take the books out of the bags/boards to save bin space.

Any regular retail store, BAM, 2nd & Charles, Walmart, etc.

Some LCS employees have no clue. One guy was checking out my books, drops them on the floor and picks them up, brushes them off and says "I hope you don't mind" wtf
Yroc
Full Name:

Return to CBSI