[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 702: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4800: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3918)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3918)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3918)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4804: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3918)
Comic Book Speculation & Investing • View topic - Spider-men II.

Spider-men II.

Welcome to the new CBSI forum!

Spider-men II.

Postby Valiant » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:34 pm

Anyone else reading spider men II? I didnt know what to expect given the current state of marvel and spider man titiles but wow. This book had me slightly interested at #1. #2 was ok but #3 blew me away. It played out like a great netflix drama, no gimmicks no first apps no deaths just a good origin story. Not the most original concept but in the current marvel comics world this was a great start i really am curious to know more about 616 miles. If you have not read a spider men or any spider book do yourself a favor pick up spider-men II #3 and read it. You can jump on right at #3 if you like its a self contained story thats actually good.

If you like image books like the fix or crime dramas read this book. Its the closest i think a spider man titile will ever get to the feel of a new image book and i would be all in for a book starring the two man characters. If 616 miles keeps being devloped on this level the tedesco variant is going to be a modern key for sure.
Valiant

Re: Spider-men II.

Postby Yroc » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:59 am

Thanks for the reommendation.
Yroc
Full Name:

Postby Franchise1977 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:31 am

I was really iffy on it as well, but it was on my son's pull list and and I read it as well. The first 2 issues are really forgetable, but the third issue was what really set in the intrigue for me. Here's hoping it doesn't play it too safe and gives me something cool. It being tied in with Kingpin is really interesting.
Franchise1977

Postby rob24019 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:41 am

it's been a really solid story so far, i definitely recommend.
rob24019

Return to CBSI