[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 702: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4800: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3918)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3918)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3918)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4804: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3918)
Comic Book Speculation & Investing • View topic - The market for comic covers...?

The market for comic covers...?

Welcome to the new CBSI forum!

The market for comic covers...?

Postby WookieNookie » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:12 pm

Hi all, I'm a newbie to the forum and thought that I would pick the collective brain of the CBSI community for this one. I have the opportunity to buy the covers of some classic books (Fantastic Four #1, X-Men #1, Captain America #1, Young Allies #1, Action Comics #22, ASM #1 & 3, etc), but am having trouble identifying if there is a marketplace for just covers (if I were ever to attempt to flip them). They have been very well kept over the years and are thus in fine to very fine condition. If nothing else, I will probably pick them up just to frame and hang them, but am curious to see if there might be an opportunity to make some money on them as well.

Any thoughts?
WookieNookie

Re: The market for comic covers...?

Postby Yroc » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:22 am

I've heard of there being a market for covers only as there are ppl who have coverless books seeking covers (due to the newsstand practice of sending the covers back for credit). But as to price/market, no idea. Definitely niche. Personally, I think it would be cool just to frame/hang.
Yroc
Full Name:

Re: The market for comic covers...?

Postby WookieNookie » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:38 am

Thanks for the response! Doing a search of the 'bay, I see a listing for the Batman #1 back cover for almost $6K, but who knows how long it has been sitting on there for. Nothing of significance that I can find in sold listings either.

I think I'll be able to snag them on the cheap, so it's a pretty low risk opportunity.
WookieNookie

Return to CBSI