[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 702: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4800: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3918)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3918)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3918)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4804: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3918)
Comic Book Speculation & Investing • View topic - Podcast Listener Questions Thread

Podcast Listener Questions Thread

Welcome to the new CBSI forum!

Re: Podcast Listener Questions Thread

Postby rob24019 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:42 am

Where do you guys go to pre-order ratio variants? I normally pre-order from Mycomicshop but get no access to ratio variants early through the previews catalog.
rob24019

Postby cctadams » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:45 pm

1. For people going to the Baltimore Con, is CBSI going to do a meet and greet? 2. Based on the recent character changes (which showed the creators to be lazy and unimaginative) in race and sexual lifestyle, do you think Marvel is trying to shed long term comic collectors (white and over 40) for younger collectors that would allow them to move from print to a digital format. It would cost them in the short term, but would be cheaper moving forward. 3. And lastly, do you think the quality of writing at the big two (Marvel and DC) has declined by creators save their best ideas for creator owned projects hoping to become the next Kirkman?
cctadams

Postby jrl8511 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:35 pm

Khoi, even though he said he hates me, brought up something I found interesting. The guys were talking about Harley Quinn and Khoi called BA12 a "Blue Chip" book, or something to that extent. I totally agree with BA12 being that caliber of book, and with that being said here is my question...

What copper/modern books would you consider to be "Blue Chip"?

I normally only hear this title associated with gold and silver age books, so it was interesting to hear a newer book get this label.

Jared L.
Last edited by jrl8511 on Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jrl8511

Postby Yroc » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:08 pm

Yroc
Full Name:

Postby rhettsc1 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:31 am

cleaning comics. i good or bad idea? do grading companies frown upon that? just a topic that could be talked about. Thanks!
rhettsc1

Postby Evensiphon » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:55 pm

boycott 1:1000 variants that's going to be $1,000+ comic book every time and I hate the fact allot of people won't be able to afford that type of gamble i can justify $100.00 preorder. 1:1000 would have to come with a seal of marvel approval that one day it would reach 10x that price for that much doe on one comic book is insane maybe if it was x-men #1 where you have 5 awesome first appearances that a movie will definitely be made from maybe then i might sell a kidney but ultimately screw 1:1000 variants what's next 1:10000 I wish I could go back when Stan Lee took a gamble on fantastic four #1 comic book to make or break marvel from bankruptcy and said never again will your company be as creative as it will be for these next few years. Every new hero looks to be the same with a race or gender swap or mini versions of themselves like riri and viv. I mean come on at least attempt to make them different powers or a new type of suit. I wish pregnant spider-women would have a symbite baby, i would have read that because it would have been something more entertaining to read. Oh, sorry my question is if we should just shut up and buy 1:1000 variants..
Evensiphon

Postby rayne5446 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:19 am

Would be interested in hearing more conversation on the Hughes Catwoman run, as it's come up alot lately on the website and g+ group.

If Catwoman 51 continues to sell at 100$ raw, will it be one of the highest selling non-key, modern Cover A from the big two? What other books are out there that meet this criteria and sell better? I'm specifically thinking of books that only sell for their cover.

I can only think of What if Venom possessed Deadpool, which may or may not be considered a key (haven't kept up with the venpool first appearance discussions).

Chris S
rayne5446

Postby SMLyon » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:01 pm

I've heard you all talk on multiple occasions about comics that began on Kickstarter; do you have any advice on speculating on such books?
SMLyon

Postby schweizerdavid » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:42 am

I would be interested in listening to Jimmy talk about the historical significance of his new pick up, the Adventures of Pussycat #1, and whether or not Khoi had a copy first.
schweizerdavid

Postby hobbes6236 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:22 am

Happy Thanksgiving Weekend CBSI! (Or Happy Rivalry Weekend if you're a College Football fan like I am.) I have another obscure Bronze Age question for the group, this time it is about double cover errors/variants.

This weekend I bought a Tomb of Dracula lot from a local auction (#'s 2-11 and a few here and there through 22). When looking through the books I found a #18 (unfortunately, it wasnt the #10) that was VF+/NM and double covered. My question is what does everyone think of errors/variants of this type? Do they command a premium?
hobbes6236

PreviousNext

Return to CBSI