[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 702: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 702: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4800: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3918)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3918)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3918)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4804: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3918)
Comic Book Speculation & Investing • View topic - Podcast Discussion & Suggestions Thread

Podcast Discussion & Suggestions Thread

Welcome to the new CBSI forum!

Re: Podcast Discussion & Suggestions Thread

Postby tiredguy » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:29 am

I for one vote against short and concise.

The longer the better as I listen while working and it helps the day pass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tiredguy
Full Name:

Postby jrl8511 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:59 am

I think the fact that the group is "Fast & Loose" is what make it so great. Just some dudes talking comics until they decide to stop. Nothing feels forced or faked. I listen to a few podcasts about comics, and this is by far the most entertaining. We get a lot of facts and news with the G+ page and the website articles. Hearing the guys opinions on those topics is what I find interesting. Special guests would be a great addition. Not for the entire podcasts, but maybe to discuss certain topics. For example, a female's perspective on the Wonder Woman cover drama would've been interesting to me. Just my two cents....keep up the good work.

Jared L.
jrl8511

Postby itseddieok » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:18 pm

itseddieok

Postby Reed S » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:50 pm

The wackier the better.
The longer the better.

I like it when the podcast wanders off, and it's just you guys talking or busting on one another.
Reed S

Postby Drew Kim » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:58 pm

Hasn't become a problem on this particular podcast, but in other ones I'm a fan of (especially when its a group of friends) there can be the tendency to fall into inside jokes from pervious episodes or just the group of friends which really tends to isolate new listeners. Like I said not a problem here yet.

One other thing, maybe a little intro at the beginning just before or after the individual name intros saying what Unpressable Defects is and talks about. It's been done a few episodes by Trey, but just a quick line saying its a podcast where ya'll talk about what's going on this week in comic speculation and in the books/medium in general. Just keeping those new listeners in mind, because as this thing grows we will def. be getting people who aren't from the G+ group or site tuning in.
Drew Kim

Postby cctadams » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:49 pm

Khoi could you give the other guys an outline to the podcast before you start to keep them on topic or to increase the amount of conversation that relates to comics?
cctadams

Postby Yroc » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:42 am

Yroc
Full Name:

Postby Yroc » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:46 am

Thanks for the continuing input and support everyone! It seems there's a split between listeners wanting more of the zany, tableside manner and those who want more of a regular podcast format. Hopefully we can find a happy medium. I'm constantly trying to bring up ideas and suggestions from you guys so please keep them coming.
Yroc
Full Name:

Postby merlin » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:55 am

Keep it loose. Informational, but easy going. I'm sure disinterested speculators would like you to talk for 3 hours and edit it down to ten minutes of stats and spec for their convenience but the format allows for the old style of comic knowledge which is refined over time and in context. A natural endeavor. I very much appreciate the eccentricity of dialog and perspective, and think everyone has a lot to offer. I could easily do without political sentiments. I don't want to know who y'all are voting for, just as I don't think comic publishers should endorse politicians. I think the comics community can transcend these types of artificial barriers and form a better world. It hasn't been a huge problem or anything, but I notice it, and hope in the next few months not to be reminded of the travesty which passes for representation in our wonderful country, the United States. Keep up the great work.
merlin

Postby merlin » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:21 pm

I think you guys should seriously consider bring Trey back. I know he's a scrapper but he brings a lot to the table.
merlin

PreviousNext

Return to CBSI