Podcast Discussion & Suggestions Thread

Welcome to the new CBSI forum!

Podcast Discussion & Suggestions Thread

Postby Yroc » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:51 am

Hey everyone,

Always looking to improve the podcast and open to suggestions. Please let me know what you guys think would work or just what you thought of the latest podcast. Since things move so quickly, I thought it would be a good idea to have a resource that I and the other podcast members would be able to revisit frequently to draw ideas from. Or if you have questions, feel free to ask them here.

Thanks and, as always, appreciate you guys for listening!
Yroc
Full Name: Khoi Cakes

Re: Podcast Discussion & Suggestions Thread

Postby tiredguy » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:11 am

more drunk Trey. His concern for Shaun's innocence was hilarious.
tiredguy
Full Name: jason jones

Postby Gwenpool4President » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:16 am

You guys do good work. It does get a little all over the place, occasionally. Try sticking to a basic format:

1) Review of last week's speculations
2) Current news and books
3) Next week's speculation and beyond

I liked when you guys took questions from the listeners. Maybe some interviews with people in the business (artists, writers, CGC/CBCS representatives, someone from Overstreet, small print publishers, comic book store owners, ect..) on some podcasts.

Overall, this is the best comic book podcast going right now.
Gwenpool4President
Full Name: Comixbrainz zzz

Postby Mark Moffat » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:04 am

i second everything Gwenpool4 said :D :D :D :D :D
Mark Moffat

Postby dpiercy » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:05 pm

A "buy, hold, or sell" segment from time to time could be fun, with input from the listeners posting picks on G+ or the forum.
dpiercy
Full Name: Dan Piercy

Postby Bigrigg » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:01 pm

I totally agree with the idea of having segments...it just gets to 'loose' as times. I hate to say it , but I actually considered not listening anymore. I dont want to offend anyone and i know somethings arent for everyone...Im only saying this because you asked for opinions. Ill stick around for a few more weeks probably and see how it goes.

If you guys do toy around with segments, consider using google sheets. someone would start the sheet which would act as an outline.You can even share it amongst yourselves and make live edits. there is also chat built right into google sheets.

Thanks for listening fellas!
Bigrigg

Postby IndyKMB » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:59 pm

How bout a "sticky" thread where we can post Questions and you can devote 10-15 minutes per podcast to answer a few...?
IndyKMB

Postby Drclix » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:10 pm

Khoi,

Awesome idea for a thread. Thanks for starting this.

The above users make perfectly valid points, and I would second pretty much all of them.
I'll list a quick pros and cons of my opinions on the podcast:

Pros:
Jimmy Linguini's intro song. Can't get it out of my head.
Comic/spec/con news discussions
Trey's specs
Khoi's redirection of tangential topics :)
Highly entertaining. You guys are natural comedians, I swear

Cons:
No standardized time limit (would recommend a standard, concise 1-hour format. I generally listen to it in my car, and when the episode is over 2 hours long, it takes me a few days to get through it and I sometimes miss the contests, offers, etc.)
No organization into segments as stated above

As already mentioned, this is without a doubt the best comic podcast out there right now. Hopefully the above suggestions are helpful.
Drclix

Postby rob24019 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:46 am

IndyKMB wrote:How bout a "sticky" thread where we can post Questions and you can devote 10-15 minutes per podcast to answer a few...?

I second this, also when you guys run out of topics maybe look back at the posts from members and bring up some of the old questions. I'm sure a few got passed and they could make good starters for conversation.
rob24019

Postby Yroc » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:01 am

Bigrigg wrote:I totally agree with the idea of having segments...it just gets to 'loose' as times. I hate to say it , but I actually considered not listening anymore. I dont want to offend anyone and i know somethings arent for everyone...Im only saying this because you asked for opinions. Ill stick around for a few more weeks probably and see how it goes.

If you guys do toy around with segments, consider using google sheets. someone would start the sheet which would act as an outline.You can even share it amongst yourselves and make live edits. there is also chat built right into google sheets.

Thanks for listening fellas!

No offense taken friend. We are still a work in progress and have been running loose and fast. We actually do work off a Google doc outline most of the time, but since the podcast is more of a round table, things get out of order very quickly, especially with most of the guys being buzzed or high lol. Trust me when I say it's no easy task getting these guys in line. I do have to say that the whole premise is basically 5 comic lovers having a weekly meet up at the bar: you guys basically hear us talking unfiltered, unedited (with the rare legal exception), and unscripted. Yea, it gets hard to listen to at times, you can almost hear me grit my teeth!

But I will say we are working on getting segments and hopefully some more order. But keep in mind that, just like you all, we have to balance this out with actual work and day to day stuff.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions so far! I'll create a separate questions thread.
Yroc
Full Name: Khoi Cakes

Next

Return to CBSI