[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 702: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 702: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4800: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3918)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3918)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3918)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4804: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3918)
Comic Book Speculation & Investing • View topic - The Wednesday One Thread

The Wednesday One Thread

Welcome to the new CBSI forum!

Re: The Wednesday One Thread

Postby MHendrie » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:23 pm

Alright guys we're into the next week!! 07/10/2015

I got me TMNT #50 Kirby Incentive variant - Promises have been made this is said to be even more impactful than Donatello's shell smashing and with Kirby's only sketch of the turtles as a cover only sweetens the deal, one of the rare issues I have multiple ordered. I think it's worth it

Paper Girls #1 - Read the preview and I was pretty hooked considering it was fairly action free, one cover and BKV. Sure it'll see a price jump for apec but I'm more excited to read it!

All-New All-Different Point One #1 - I pre-ordered this MONTHS back at 50% off it's not a strong spec but as you'll remember the last Point One had the first Kamala Khan and the solicitation still has two of the stories as CLASSIFIED, I think there is a strong possibility we're going to get a first appearance in here.
MHendrie

Postby itseddieok » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:53 pm

Lots of great stuff this week! Maybe less so if you hate Marvel lol.

Amazing Spider-Man #1 The whole reason I got into comics so anytime there is a Spider-Man re-launch I'll be there.
Avengers #0 Is going to dig into all the different Avengers teams so should be good as well.
Secret Wars #6 The timing of the re-launch is a little weird with Secret Wars still going strong but that aside this series has been a great read and one of the
best events Marvel has done.

For the spec I'm going with Paper Girls #1 but I'm also really looking forward to reading this as well. I think it has potential.

There is a lot more I'm excited to read too but this is the Wed One not the Wed Pull List lol.
itseddieok

Postby John » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:49 pm

Great stuff! Appreciate the insight! The Kirby variant and Kirby himself is great. Thanks,@MHendrie!
John
Full Name:

Postby zlovemojo » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:57 pm

For spec and reading pleasure you can't go wrong with Space Riders #4 and Public Relations #2, which by the way is the funniest read I've seen in a while (not to mention the first title from Devils Due/1First Comics amalgam). At the same time we'll see if PR actually comes out tomorrow, I picked up #1 two weeks ago. Also I'd place WSOG in the same category, have you seen the outstanding cover? Southern Bastards #11, focus on a new character, always a good read.

For pure spec, keep an eye out for Contest of Champions #1 (pick a cover any cover!) or more so search your LCS long boxes for Punisher #64, 1st Outlaw. Pick up a rare-er Doctor Strange #1 if you can get it close to cover as well.
zlovemojo
Full Name:

Postby comickiller72 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:22 pm

October 7th comes out blazing after two very slow weeks in a row..

DR STRANGE #1 and IRON MAN #1
I got the action figure variants and paid cover price for them on a ebay presale so they are coming in the mail. I am sure my LCS will have them and jack up the price something crazy on them. (I joined this board being really skeptical of variants but I say now, buy them if you think they look cool and don't have to pay crazy prices for them.. Its all good)

ImageImage

BLOODSHOT REBORN #7
Under printed crazy good series. Less superhero-ish and more of a gritty who dunnit crime drama and murder mystery. This series has all the elements of what it appears Sony would do in a Bloodshot sequel (circa 2019-20202). Long term investments you can get all 7 issues at cover right now. Enjoy an incredible read and store them away for his future films.

DARTH VADER #10
Because its Freaking Vader. What else you need to know.

SPIDERMAN #1
I am curious to see what they do with the version of the character. So I will pick this up to read but I am not doing any limited variant chasing. It's exhausting and expensive and what I like to call fools gold for investors because your hot variant usually isn't so hot the next month when the next hot and cool thing comes out!

PAPERGIRLS #1
Promises no variants just another winner dropping from writer Brian K Vaughan. After Saga and We Stand On Guard, this dude can do no wrong. This is a period piece from the 1980's.. Grab one!

WE STAND ON GUARD #4
Brian K Vaughan. Theres that name again. This insurgent was story is a real page turner and when it ends on the final panel you just can't wait to the next month to see what happens next. This dude is a comic genius. A+++++ mini-series. Instead of spending $45 on some overhyped variant why not buy 10 GOOD books at cover price and make this one of them at the top of your list.
comickiller72
Full Name:

Return to CBSI